Help Us Digitalize the
World of School Photography
Apply in German or English
It’s been a true entrepreneurial journey. We have been busy testing, learning and evolving in the past years as we make progress and advance the business. What started off as a plucky startup in Germany has now turned into one of the most important brands in the school photography industry worldwide. Today, we have found our niche and are just getting started.
- Opened an office in Kreuzberg, Berlin
- High-profile business angels join, such as Florian Heinemann, Christian Vollmann, Saarbruecker21
- Running an online sales system targeted at wedding, event, studio and school photographers
- Moved to a larger office in Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin
- Reached profitability and became market leader in Germany
- Launched the international brand GotPhoto in UK, FR and AT targeted specifically at school photographers
- Growing fast in segments of event and school photography
- Changed market focus to address large enterprise customers in school photography
- Extended market focus on enterprise and SMB customers in school & preschool photography. We have finally found our niche!
- 1 million orders went through our software worldwide this year
- We are the current market leader in Europe and hold a market share in 15 different countries worldwide
- Hired colleague #50. We are currently the biggest team in our industry worldwide.
- Opening an office in New York in the summer
Employee Success Stories
“I’m glad that I joined fotograf.de at the beginning of my career. They have really opened lots of doors for me.”
Julius went from marketing intern to Chief Revenue Officer in just two years.
He earned a liberal arts degree in literature before discovering that he was interested in a more business-related career path. So he landed an internship position in marketing at our company which opened some exciting doors. He moved on from marketing to process optimization to finally customer success. But it didn’t take long for others to notice his real passion and talent – that of managing people. Today Julius is responsible for a team of 25 people in Marketing, Sales, and Business Development. It’s his mission to keep his team in tip-top shape so as to best help the company grow.
“I learned a lot here and got to try so many different things. There’s always the trust and freedom to do that.”
Jana is one of the first employees to relocate to our new office in New York. Being initially hired for performance marketing, she now heads up the entire marketing for the US market.
Jana has a Cultural Studies and American Studies degree but specalized in performance marketing in her previous job. Since joining us in January 2018 she has been playing a key role in establishing scalable processes in performance marketing. However, her job always allowed to work on a variety of other marketing projects, which ultimately sparked her interest in general marketing as well. When she was offered the opportunity to join the US team, she happily took on this new challenge. Jana is currently leading all of our marketing campaigns in the US and is excited that she can build something from the start.
Looking back, what’s most important for her is the fact that she found a workplace where she feels comfortable to voice her opinion, where she feels appreciated, and where she is able to continue to learn professionally and personally day after day.
Product & Design
Firstly, your HR team will schedule a phone or a video interview with you in order to see if our expectation are aligned.
Next step will be an onsite interview with your future team lead with a strong focus on the actual role and your skills.
Ultimately, team fit is what matters to us. This is why we’ll invite you to a Team Day. You will spend a couple of hours in our office working on typical tasks for your role within the actual environment of your future team. During lunch, we invite you to join the rest of the team. At the end of the day, we’ll provide you with honest feedback, where you also have the chance to meet Markus, our CEO, for a final catch-up.
** Taking into account the current restrictions due to Covid-19, we might do the whole recruitment process remotely via video calls instead of in-person meetings.
In general, we are looking for people who bring the following general skills with them:
- Problem-solving skills
- Are not afraid to fail and ready to make mistakes
Most importantly, we want people who work together with the team towards a shared mission.
We are an English speaking company. Nonetheless, if your position specifically requires German proficiency (or any other language), we expect the requirements to be met.
If you participate in our final recruiting step, the Trial Day, we will provide you with direct and individual feedback.
You have experiences and skills that we value. We acknowledge that you have put a great amount of effort into your application but if we decline, this is because other applicants came closer to our requirements.
Yes, if we think you are a great fit, we will do the visa sponsorship for full-time positions.
If you are joining us from outside of Europe, we will provide you with a relocation bonus of €2,000.
Ana (HR Manager)